A-Z Dogs specialises in training stunt dogs for specific television and film stunts . Whether the stunt calls for a team of dogs, working together, to track down and grab a villain, or a pair of dogs making a full blown attack on a protagonist, both for purely dramatic effect, the same highly focused safety rules apply. We,
- Analyse precisely the dramtic action required of the particular stunt and agree a safe approach with the Production’s stunt coordinator.
- Comprehensively address the safety of the dogs, cast and crew in the design and breakdown of the stunt.
- Choose dogs that have a very confident, outgoing and affable nature to train for the specific stunt.
- Train the dogs in a calm, thoroughly relaxed environment well in advance of the filming.
- Test the stunt and film the test with stuntman and stunt coordinator in attendance (as shown here).
- Agree the final breakdown and shot-list of the stunt sequence.
- Write a comprehensive Risk Assessment and forward to all parties concerned.
- Shoot the stunt sequence as trained and rehearsed, and avoid all “last minute good ideas”.
This is a very specialised area of work and not to be attempted at home!